Chilly days and snowy evenings conjure up cozy memories curled up by the fireplace, soothed by the sound of crackling logs and the sweet smokiness of a delicious, toasted marshmallow. While we may not have a fire roaring at Core Roots CBD HQ, we do have a delicious infused Smoretini to bring those memories flooding back!
Our CBD Smoretini, developed by Chef James Akins, is an unforgettable take on a favorite wintertime treat. The cream-based mocktail carries warm notes of cinnamon and vanilla, while the CBD-infused caramel brings a whole new level of sweetness. Top the whole thing off with marshmallow cream, rimming the glass with a good-to-eat treat. The infused caramel is versatile, too, with many ways to add it to cookies, cakes, and other sweet treats. Plus, adding it to a squeeze bottle helps to measure the appropriate number of milligrams for you or for the people you’re serving.
This elegant CBD caramel-infused Smoretini recipe takes some time to put together, but the results are well worth the wait!
Smoretini CBD Infused Drink Ingredients
Note: This recipe makes 1 mocktail.
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon stick (can use 2 for extra cinnamon flavor)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- Dash of chocolate bitters
CBD infused caramel ingredients:
Note: One batch of infused caramel can be used for multiple drinks.
- 1 can (8 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Core Roots CBD tincture
- Shaved Icelandic Chocolate
- Marshmallow cream (instructions below)
- Fine graham cracker crumbs, for the glass
- Cocoa powder, for the glass
- Chipotle powder, for an extra kick on the glass rim
- Toasted marshmallow, optional
Preparing Your CBD Infused Drink
The Smoretini takes a bit of advanced planning, as the cream-based drink needs time to infuse.
Step 1: Infuse the drink and caramel
For the cream:
- Pour the heavy cream into a mason jar or other container.
- Add the cinnamon stick(s) and split vanilla bean to the cream. Cover with the lid.
- Store the cream in the refrigerator.
- Shake the jar once per day for 1 week.
- Strain the cream into a new jar; discard the cinnamon stick(s) and vanilla bean.
For the CBD infused caramel:
- Pour the can of condensed milk into a pie pan or casserole dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in a larger pan, filled with enough water to cover about half the dish. Be sure the foil is tight, as to not let any water into the dish. If the water evaporates
- Bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes. Leave in for a few extra minutes for a darker caramel, being careful not to let the caramel burn.
- Remove the caramel from the oven and add 4mL of Core Roots 1000mg CBD tincture.
- Blend the caramel-CBD mixture when an immersion blender while the caramel is still warm.
- Store the CBD-infused caramel in a squeeze bottle for easy application.
Your 8 oz of caramel is infused with 133.3 mg CBD.
For the marshmallow cream:
Most marshmallow creams are the right consistency to infuse and use without any heating. If you find that the cream is too thick, follow the steps below:
- Gently heat the marshmallow cream in a double boiler.
- Add 1mL heavy cream.
- Stir to incorporate, then remove from the heat.
Step 2: Prepare the serving glass
Note: A martini glass is preferred.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the marshmallow cream. For advanced mocktail makers, use a kitchen torch to gently toast the marshmallow along the rim.
- Sprinkle the edge of the glass with the recommended toppings: crushed graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, and chipotle powder. Feel free to add more or less of any garnish you wish!
- Drizzle in caramel while swirling the glass in a circular motion. Place as much caramel as desired for the appropriate amount of CBD you wish to consume.
Step 3: Mix the drink
- Put 2 ounces of the cinnamon-vanilla cream (reserving 1 ounce for whipping), chocolate syrup and chocolate bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until frothy.
- Strain the drink into the prepared martini glass. Using the reserved heavy cream, using a whisk, whip the heavy cream until stiff.
- Spoon the heavy cream mixture over the mocktail.
- Garnish with a toasted marshmallow, if desired.
Discovering Creative Ways To Consume CBD
Truly, the sky’s the limit when it comes to consuming CBD. Core Roots CBD‘s versatile tincture, known for its mild taste, blends seamlessly into numerous foods for a tasty take on a daily ritual. Consider dropping the serving that’s right for you into your morning coffee, or adding it to a salad dressing.
Short on time, or looking for a fruity drink? Check out our pomegranate and blood orange-flavored poinsettia CBD mocktail recipe, written for Core Roots CBD by Chef Jacquie Hogan.