You have probably heard about Cannabidiol (CBD), the compound found in industrial hemp plants making its way into a wide range of products, from CBD oils to topical creams. If you’re one of the many curious people interested in trying out a CBD product, you might be wondering how to choose a CBD product. There are countless product types on the market, so it can be difficult to find the one that works for you.
Don’t worry — there’s a CBD product out there for everyone. Choosing a CBD product is a learning experience, but one that is enjoyable and rewarding. When you’re finished researching, you’ll not only have a wealth of new knowledge about CBD, but you’ll be able to identify a product that matches your needs and preferences perfectly. To help get you started, Core Roots for Life has created this guide to choosing a CBD product.
What CBD products are available?
Before selecting a CBD product, you first need to know the product types available on the market. The CBD market is a diverse one where there’s an infused product for virtually everyone. Some examples of product types include:
- CBD oil: CBD oil is one of the most common types of CBD infused products, as well as one of the most diverse. With CBD oil, the CBD is placed in a carrier oil and mixed together. You’ll see many types of carrier oils on the market, including olive oil, hemp seed oil, and MCT oil. CBD oil is often consumed as a sublingual tincture, which is absorbed under the tongue. Some prefer to add their CBD oil to a drink, smoothie, or food. Others rub CBD oil directly onto their skin.
- Infused foods: Who doesn’t like snacking? CBD gets creative in the edibles category, which is celebrated for its discretion and its exact dosing. Edible products on the market today include many delicious options, from CBD gummies to fancy chocolates.
- Topicals: CBD topicals are localized products that target the area of skin where it’s applied. Whether you’re looking for a moisturizing face cream, muscle recovery gel, or CBD oil body rub, CBD topicals can support healthy skin and joints.
- CBD for pets: CBD isn’t just for humans! There are also products out there for your furry friends, specially formulated to be safe for you and for Fido. Pet CBD oil sprays and drops can ensure your animal companions aren’t left out when you start taking CBD.
As demand for CBD grows, the compound is being added to new things every day. Some restaurants and bars are even infusing meals and cocktails with CBD. With so many different products available, though, it begs the question: “which CBD product is right for me?”
How do I know which CBD products are right for me?
Learning how to choose a CBD product is an important process. Understanding which type of CBD product is right for you is a personal decision that requires knowing how different consumption methods work and what you want out of CBD overall. Different products sometimes work in different ways. For example, CBD oil taken by way of sublingual tincture will have a different effect on the body than a CBD topical applied directly to an area on the skin. While ingesting CBD oil sublingually is often turned to for a general daily dose of CBD, consumers who are primarily interested in skincare or joint and muscle support may find topicals to be more suitable. It’s all about identifying your needs and then selecting the CBD product best suited to support you.
You may also find that different CBD administration methods may affect you in different ways, so it’s good to experiment with a variety of product types when you’re first trying to decide which CBD product is best for you. For example, products you inhale by vaping tend to act quickly, while an edible may take an hour or two to release desired effects as it makes its way through your digestive system.
Where can I buy CBD products?
Once you’ve determined how to choose a CBD product, it’s time to make your purchase. CBD products are widely available in most states throughout the U.S. You can find CBD products in brick-and-mortar locations as well as online through a CBD brand’s website.
It’s important to note that industrial hemp-derived CBD products are legal in almost every U.S. state. CBD is also found in cannabis plants that are only legal in some states for either medical or adult-use purposes, but those products are not available for sale with shipping over the internet.
CBD-dominant products from both plant species could possibly include traces of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the intoxicating compound found in cannabis. This is the case with both full-spectrum CBD products, which include CBD and other cannabinoids and terpenes, and CBD isolate, which strips the extract from any cannabinoid that is not CBD. While you will likely not “feel” the THC in an industrial hemp-derived CBD product, some trace amounts may remain. Always be sure to abide by the laws set out in your state and understand exactly what you’re buying.
How do I know a CBD vendor is reputable?
The reliability of a CBD vendor should be a core part of learning how to choose a CBD product. If you’ve done any research into CBD products already, you might have heard references to “snake oil.” Don’t be alarmed: CBD is the real thing! Unfortunately, there are some unscrupulous vendors out there, so you need to be sure the CBD products you are buying come from a reliable source. How can you know a vendor is reliable?
- A reliable CBD vendor will publish third-party lab testing results that demonstrate the quality of their products or will provide them without hesitation upon request.
- CBD vendors with quality products will be happy to discuss the extraction and manufacturing processes. Ideally, a CBD vendor should be Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified, which guarantees that the CBD product you’re buying is consistent from batch to batch.
- Reputable CBD retailers will happily explain how their products are sourced and where the CBD they use comes from, allowing you to verify their claims of authenticity and quality.
If your CBD retailer isn’t willing to disclose any of this information or will only give you vague assurances, consider that a red flag. CBD brands with quality products are proud of them; at Core Roots for Life, we believe the consumer has a right to full transparency and education from their CBD retailer. We’re here to educate you about this compound and help guide you on how to choose your CBD product.
When you think CBD, think Core Roots For Life
Learning how to choose a CBD product can certainly be an exciting experience. There’s a lot of information out there that can help you make an informed decision, but if you’re looking for a CBD retailer that is happy to give you a full breakdown of what goes into each product, how it works, and the benefits each could offer you, look no further than Core Roots for Life. We pride ourselves on creating the best quality CBD products and helping to educate the public in a fun, friendly, and transparent way. We would love to be the brand that introduces you to a world of wonderful CBD products!